Why pay more than necessary for comfort and convenience? Often, old windows and high energy bills go hand in hand. That’s because older windows tend to have gaps that can leak air, making your HVAC system work overtime while increasing your bills at the same time.
There’s one way you can save on your utility bills, and that’s to install replacement windows. Not only can replacement windows reduce your bills in the summer by keeping hot air out, they can also help reduce your heating bills in winter by keeping cold air out. That means you get year-round savings for a one-time installation project. This is a cost-effective home improvement project that often comes with tax incentives as well to save you even more.
Did you know that installing energy-efficient windows saves you an estimated 12 percent on your heating and cooling bills? In turn, this translates to a savings of $100 to $600 per year. Unless you don’t like saving money, this is a no-brainer!
Check out how you can achieve year-round savings by installing replacement windows for your home.
Money Savings Through the Seasons: Summer
Summer brings high temperatures, humidity and just uncomfortable weather in general. While that’s nice for the beach and backyard barbecues, you don’t want to be invaded by heat when relaxing in your own home.
Getting new replacement windows in summer will bring these two main benefits:
- New windows reduce solar heat gain: Solar heat gain is something that’s generated by the sun’s radiation as it impacts the glass. The glass then absorbs this solar radiation and keeps it in your home. New windows allow less solar heat to get through.
- New windows seal in cool air: The cost of heating and cooling is very high, contributing to about 40 percent of your energy bill. This is why investing in new windows in summer is such a good idea, as heat loss happens with the presence of inefficient single- and double-pane windows. The Pella, Andersen, or Marvin windows we install are crafted with a durable material that does not absorb or retain hot temperatures, allowing for a neutral-to-the-touch temperature.
Money Savings Through the Seasons: Winter
Old, drafty, inefficient windows can really become evident in winter. But did you know you can save between 12 and 33 percent each year on heating and cooling bills when you put in high-quality, energy-efficient windows? This equates to an annual savings of $100 to $275 for the average homeowner. You can’t argue with that!
By installing new windows you can:
- Save yourself the hassle of adding film, caulk and weather stripping before the cold weather hits.
- Remove the possibility of drafts, reducing heat loss by 10 – 20 percent.
- Get an extra layer of protection from the outdoor elements through low-E coatings and argon gas between panes, and more.
- Achieve a lower U-Value: This measures how effective the material is working as an insulator. The lower the number is, the better it can insulate heat.
- Enjoy a weather-tight barrier due to sturdier frames and technologically-advanced glass packages.
- Enjoy the flood of more natural light into your home. Go ahead – open those curtains and reduce the amount of times you have to switch on your artificial heat.
Contact Allstar Construction for Professional Window Replacement
To get an online quote and consultation for new replacement windows so you can reduce your utility bills, contact us today. We would be happy to help you save money!